QualityOne Training Management is an application that uses role-based qualification and training to support job and audit readiness while demonstrating compliance. It gives companies the tools necessary to deliver the right content to the right Learners and maintain employee competencies. Content development, changes and delivery, and role readiness become a seamless, continuous lifecycle.
Training Management allows the configuration and maintenance of a training matrix, which includes Learner Roles, Curricula, and Training Requirements. Changes to the training matrix automatically push Training Assignment records and workflow tasks to users for completion. Additionally, document revisions in QualityOne can trigger assignment of training-related workflow tasks to users.
Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about how to get the Training Management add-on application for your QualityOne Vault.
QualityOne Training Management is part of the Veeva QualityOne family of applications. With a single Vault, your organization can have one (1), two (2), or all of these applications. Each user requires a license depending on whether they administer training (Full User) or just complete training activities (Learner User).
QualityOne Training Management is built on Vault and includes the features described in Vault Help for Platform. In addition, it provides the following features:
- Automated Creation and Dissemination of Training Assignments: QualityOne Training Management utilizes scheduled jobs to create automation within the application. Vault creates Training Assignment object records automatically based on the lifecycle state of the Learner Roles, Curricula, Training Requirements, and Training Assignment objects. When an Admin updates a user’s Learner Role or makes changes to Curriculum or Training Requirement object records, Training Management automatically assigns the relevant Training Assignment to the user.
- Learner Homepage: QualityOne Training Management provides an intuitive, easy to use dashboard that provides the Learner with an overview of their open assignments. Assignment cards display key information such as the related Curriculum, estimated completion time, the training document’s Effective Date, due date, categories, and more.
- Training Dashboard: QualityOne Training Management provides Training Dashboard page to show the progress of training programs, at-risk qualifications, and training assignments, and allows training managers to take action where needed.
- Manager Access: QualityOne Training Management assigns the Direct Manager application role for a given Learner to the Learner’s Manager group on each of the Learner’s training records: Training Assignments, Assignment Details, TA Checklists, TA Responses, Class Schedules, Class Rosters, Sessions, and Session Rosters. This allows the Learner’s manager to view assignments of their direct reports. The Learner’s Manager group may also receive workflow tasks, such as verifying proof of completion for External Training.
- Direct Assignments: QualityOne Training Management allows you to issue training assignments to Learners as-needed via a user action, separately from the automated system-managed job process.
- Quizzes: QualityOne Training Management adds optional components that can be configured for Training Requirements to aid or assess the user’s understanding and competency of the training material.
- Document Training, Instructor-Led Training, and External Training: QualityOne Training Management provides the Training Requirement types that allows online training in Vault, in-person classroom training, or training that occurs outside of Vault.
- Substitute Training: QualityOne Training Management can assign an alternative, or substitute, Training Assignment to a Learner in place of a required, or primary, Training Assignment using Training Administrator-defined substitution rules.
- Facilitated Training: QualityOne Training Management enables users with proper access to give completion credit for Training Assignments on behalf of Learners. This allows completion of Vault document Training Assignments for Learners that may not have access to Vault. For example, in some organizations, users could be contractors, external employees, temporary employees, or otherwise outside the primary organization.
Training Management shares some common data model components with other QualityOne applications, which allows you to consolidate data for all of these applications in a single Vault. This is not a complete list of all Training Management objects but provides some explanation of important core objects in the data model. These appear in all QualityOne Vaults but are only used in Vaults that include Training Management. Admins can generate a Vault Configuration Report to see all objects in the Vault.
Depending on your Vault’s configuration, object labels may appear differently than the labels mentioned in this article.
Training Management Key Objects
In addition to the shared QualityOne data model, the Training Management application has additional objects to house data. This is a list of core Training Management objects, but it does not include all objects:
- Person: Adds new learners.
- Learner Role: Associates a functional role to a Person object.
- Curricula: Records the training requirements needed to complete a certain curriculum.
- Training Requirement: Stores the individual content that makes up a curriculum.
- Training Assignment: Stores what learners interact with, such as reading documents and completing quizzes.
- Assignment Detail: Keeps track of training assignments that Vault creates and tracks the learner roles, curricula, and persons associated with those assignments.
- Total Hours By Learner Role: Keeps track of assignments that are Overdue, Due in 1 Week, and Due later.
- Direct Assignment User Input: Houses data entered when creating a direct assignment.
- Direct Assignment Request: Copies data from the Direct Assignment User Input.
Here is an example of how you may set up a training model:
In this example, the Learner is assigned a Learner Role that is associated with two (2) Curricula. The Curricula themselves are comprised of several different Training Requirements. Training Management checks the lifecycle state of each object record and, if all are in eligible states, issues a Training Assignment to the Learner for each requirement. For this example, Training Management assigns the user seven (7) total training assignments.
Learn more about using the QualityOne Training Management application in these articles:
- QualityOne Training Dashboard
- About the Learner Homepage
- Working with Facilitated Training
- Substitute Training Requirements
- Completing Training Assignments
- E-Learning Content Troubleshooting & FAQ
Learn about configuring the Training Management application in these articles:
- Configuring QualityOne Training Management
- Configuring Vault Document Training Requirements
- Configuring Classroom Training Requirements
- Configuring External Training Requirements
- QualityOne Training Management Automation
- Configuring Direct Assignments
- Importing Training Assignments
- Configuring QualityOne Training Management Quizzes
- QualityOne Training Impact Assessments
- Configuring Facilitated Training
- Setting Up E-Learning Content Support
- Defining Training Completion Criteria for E-Learning Content