QualityOne HSE (Health, Safety, and Environmental) is an application that enables organizations to report, track, investigate, and manage health, safety, environmental, vehicle, and property damage incidents. HSE supports organizations in developing a safety-first culture and taking a more data-informed approach to safety.
QualityOne HSE is part of the Veeva QualityOne family of applications. Within a single Vault, your organization can have one (1), two (2), or all of these applications.
QualityOne HSE is built on Vault and includes the features described in Vault Help for Platform. In addition, it provides the following features:
- Incident Management: QualityOne HSE enables organizations to report, track, investigate, and manage safety, environmental, vehicle, and property damage incidents that impact workers, business operations, and physical assets by:
- Allowing your organization to generate OSHA 301, OSHA 300, and/or OSHA 300A logs for you to be compliant with OSHA Regulations and reporting purposes. Additionally, your organization can track labor information on a monthly basis and conduct risk assessments with visibility into your organization’s risk trends and statistics.
- Utilizing the complementary mobile application to log HSE incidents against environmental event, injury illness, property damage, and vehicle incident types. Users can also capture and attach photo evidence of the incident. This application supports offline mode.
- Risk Management: QualityOne HSE manages the risk associated with enterprise and operational processes in your Vault using risk matrices, risk registers, risk events, and risk studies. Risk Management supports capturing and performing risk studies such as HAZOP (Hazard and Operability Studies). HAZOP is a risk study that identifies and analyzes potential hazards and operability issue nodes within the system, personnel, and equipment.
QualityOne HSE shares some common data model components with other QualityOne applications, which allows you to consolidate data for all of these applications in a single Vault. This is not a complete list of all QualityOne HSE objects but provides some explanation of important core objects in the data model.
Depending on your Vault’s configuration, object labels may appear differently than the labels mentioned in this article.
Incident Management Key Objects
- HSE Event: Represents health, safety, environmental, and vehicle or property damage incidents.
- Injury Illness: This object type stores injury illness incident information.
- Environmental Event: This object type stores environmental event incident information.
- Vehicle: This object type stores vehicle incident information.
- Property Damage: This object type stores property damage incident information.
- Labor Information: Represents the captured labor information data.
- HSE-Risk Event: Represents the join between HSE Event and Risk Event.
Note: Incident Management objects and object types are currently available only to Early Adopters. Contact your Customer Success Manager for more details.
Risk Management Key Objects
- Risk Matrix: Stores the definition of risk based on severity and likelihood used to calculate risk level for a given context.
- Risk Matrix–Qualitative: This object type represents qualitative risk matrix.
- Risk Matrix–Quantitative: This object type represents quantitative risk matrix.
- Severity: Defines various levels of risk if it materializes in a given matrix.
- Likelihood (Occurrence): Defines the probability that a risk event will happen.
- Detectability: Defines the difficulty of noticing the issue.
- Risk Level: Defines the risk level based on a combination of Severity and Likelihood.
- Risk Registers: Houses records of risk ledgers that users can use to manage specific risk events and the actions they require with an identified context.
- Risk Assessment: Stores the assessment of a related and identified risk event.
- Risk Event: Defines the potential risk or opportunity that may occur and may require a mitigation activity to reduce the impact of the identified risk.
- Mitigation Action: Tracks mitigation actions that users must complete depending on the response to a risk event to reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
- Risk Study: Stores and performs risk analysis on risk study types such as HAZOP.
- Risk Analysis: Stores the definition of a risk before and after mitigation for HAZOP and Risk Matrix.
- HAZOP Node: Stores the set of nodes to be identified with supporting information when used for HAZOP risk studies.
Learn more about using the QualityOne HSE application in these articles:
Learn about configuring the QualityOne HSE application in these articles: